The mission of the Human Resources Department is to contribute to the achievement of the Town’s vision by providing assistance and advocacy for employees and retirees through the administration of benefit programs, policies and procedures; by promoting positive employee relations; and by ensuring a competent and diverse workforce for the Town.
Current Job Opportunities
Learn more about open full-time, part-time and seasonal positions by Clicking for Current Job Opportunities.
The Town of Plymouth accepts applications only in response to a current job posting. Applications submitted for positions for which there is no current posting will be disregarded and a notice will be sent to the applicant informing him/her of this procedure.
Please complete the following steps:
- Complete the employment application in its entirety. If you attach a résumé, you are still required to complete the entire application.
- Indicate the position applying for on the application. You may not apply for more than one position using the same application. Each position you apply for will require a separate application.
- You must provide a copy of any required license(s), except for a Class D Massachusetts driver's license, with your application. If a driver's license is required, please be sure to write your license number where requested on the application. Please note that a license is required only if it is indicated in the ad/posting. Failure to provide a copy of any required license(s) could result in your not being contacted for an interview.
- Be sure you have provided us with a telephone number to contact you. Contacts for interviews are handled by telephone.
- Be sure to sign the back of the application.
When the job posting closes, all applications will be reviewed with the appropriate department(s). They will screen, review, and select candidates to be interviewed. This process may take up to thirty days.
Please Note: Applicants should be advised that they will hear from the Human Resources Department only if they are to be interviewed.
- Where can I find information on Civil Service?
The Plymouth Fire Department and Plymouth Police Department follow Massachusetts Civil Service Guidelines when hiring new personnel. Please visit the Human Resources Division of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Web site for information on Civil Service and for current exam information.
- Where can I find a listing of positions available with the Town of Plymouth?
The Town of Plymouth posts vacancies on the Town’s Web site under Employment Opportunities and on bulletin boards located at Town Hall.
- Where can I find an employment application?
You can download the Employment Application (PDF). It is also available in the Human Resources office located at 26 Court Street, Plymouth, MA 02360.
26 Court Street
Plymouth, MA 02360
Phone: 508-322-3387Fax: 508-830-4140
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Silvio GenaoAssistant Town Manager of Administration and Human Resources
Jaclyn GurneyAssistant Director of Human Resources
Annikka BurchillBenefits Administrator/Human Resources Assistant
Christopher BadotHuman Resources Generalist