Fuel Assistance

Fuel Assistance for the winter months is provided by the South Shore Community Action Council. We can help you fill out the applications at the Council on Aging. Please review the documents needed to complete the application below. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at 508-830-4230.

Documents needed to complete applications:

ID:  Driver's License for anyone over the age of 18 living in the home (all must be present to sign app.)

Proof of Residency: (any of the following) Mortgage, tax, homeowners insurance, or lease or rental agreement

Income: (for all over 18 living in the home)

  • Copies of Regular Social Security Income and/or Supplemental Security Income
  • Salary, paystubs for 1 month
  • Unemployment
  • Veterans Disability
  • Income from any business or profession
  • Trust income: interest/dividends
  • Pensions/ annuities
  • TANF or any other assistance
  • Alimony/ support
  • Rental income: if someone rents a room or other from you (lease or cancelled checks)

Expenses: Utility and Fuel company Bills: electric, oil, wood, coal