Motor Vehicle FAQs

View All

Excise Important Reminder

Remember that when you register a motor vehicle, a motor vehicle excise bill is generated and you are responsible for its payment. If you move within Massachusetts or out-of-state, if you sell or trade your motor vehicle, or if it is stolen, you need to make every effort to obtain the bill, to pay it, and then to apply for an abatement if you are eligible.

And lastly, to avoid not receiving an excise tax bill on time, please keep the Registry, your local tax assessor, and the post office aware of your current mailing address.

Final Notes

Please note that this summary serves as a guide and is not intended to answer every question or address every issue.

Please feel free to call the Assessors office at 508-747-1620, ext. 10296.