Household Hazardous Waste Collection

The Department of Marine and Environmental Affairs coordinates Plymouth's Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collections with the South Shore Recycling Cooperative (SSRC). Plymouth hosts two collections per year in the spring and fall. Anyone with proof of Plymouth residency may attend either or both events at no charge. Participation in Town-provided trash and recycling services is not required to attend.

Plymouth residents may attend the other 10 to 12 SSRC HHW collections per year at no charge with proof of residency shown at the event. A visitor authorization form is no longer required. Email Kerin McCall or call 508-747-1620, ext. 10201 with any questions.

Registration is required. For HHW dates, locations, and more details, go to the South Shore Recycling Cooperative's Hazardous Waste page. Register online at the SSRC page or call 781-329-8318.

In addition to the materials accepted at all events, flares are accepted at the Plymouth collections. Propane tanks, motor oil, antifreeze, and auto and rechargeable batteries will not be accepted at the collection. Residents can bring these materials to the Manomet Transfer Station year-round with Town-provided trash and recycling services or a Recyling Only pass.  Information on the Town's trash and recycling services can be found on the Solid Waste & Recycling page.

Latex paint is messy, but not hazardous. If not recyclable, absorb liquid with cat litter and dispose of in trash. Usable leftover latex paint is accepted and recycled into new paint products at Recolor® Paints in Hanover for a small fee. To see if your paint qualifies for recycling, go to SSRC's Paint page or call 833-RECOLOR (732-6567).