Phase one – Demo
Demo included removal of:
• Aged playground equipment
• Longstanding fence and installing new wooden guardrail around perimeter of the park.
• Invasive trees and shrubs
Phase two – Earth work
Earth work included:
• Regrading the entire layout of the park
• Loaming and hydroseeding the field
• Digging several test pits in the location of the new playground area
Phase three – The playground installation
• Fencing around the playground perimeter, including a gate.
• Plastic landscape timbers around the perimeter of the playground.
• Multi-layer impervious subbase prior to poured in place rubber.
• Poured in place rubber ADA compliant surfacing.
• Playground equipment
• ADA compliant pathway leading to an entrance of the park.
Future phase – Completion of the park renovation - expected Fall of 2023
• ADA parking space – The new ADA compliant pathway will continue to a new ADA compliant parking space, making the playground area more accessible.
• Adding aesthetics to the rubber surfacing will include incorporating a subtle two-tone pattern to the rubber surface.
• Picnic tables to be built and installed by the DPW Maintenance Division Carpenters.
Please check back for details on a date and time for an Official Opening Ribbon Cutting, to take place Fall of 2023!